These chewy granola bars are super easy to make - with no baking required. They are the perfect treat for an on-the-go breakfast or to serve as a healthier dessert plus the recipe includes our Apple + Almond Butter granola. These really are the ultimate tasty pick me up.
- 1 box of SPOON Apple + Almond Butter granola
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) honey or syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup @biona
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 30g of chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. In a large bowl, add the bag of SPOON Apple + Almond Butter granola and set aside.
2. Add honey, brown rice syrup, maple syrup and sea salt to a medium saucepan.
3. Over medium-high heat continuously stir until the mixture starts to bubble (260C on a candy
4. Immediately pour the syrup mixture over the granola. Stir until well incorporated.
5. Pour mixture into a tin or baking dish with parchment paper and spread into an even layer.
6. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
7. Once chilled cut into 20 bars.
8. Add chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl.
9. Melt in the microwave for 15 second increments until fully melted and smooth.