Muesli is one of the most versatile ingredients to use in a lot of recipes. It makes for a healthy breakfast, a filling snack or a sweet treat, depending on what you do with it.
Easy to make, and personal trainer approved; these bars are perfect for school runs, kids lunch boxes, pre-workout or mum's fuel - the best kind of breakfast bars.
2 cups berry muesli
⅔ cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup honey
1 large egg
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk to combine the muesli, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and
- In small bowl, beat the egg. Add banana and mash the mixture until blended. Add oil,
- honey, vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and combine. The mixture should be a bit
- Press the dough into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to wire baking rack and let
- completely cool. Cut into bars and enjoy!