We've put a 'home baked' spin on the well know chocolate bar - our version of a healthy treat and if you're looking for ideas - these are ideal for homemade Christmas gifts.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2-1 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the chocolate coating
- 3 cups dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Spoon granola (any flavour works)
- Flaky salt (optional - to taste)
- Line an 8 x 8 inch or 8 x 10-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Add the maple syrup and mix until a crumbly texture remains. Add the oat milk - A thick dough should remain. If too crumbly, slowly add more milk until achieved. Transfer cookie base to the lined pan and refrigerate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all your caramel ingredients and heat until just combined.
- Once the caramel is done, pour over the cookie base and place in the freezer until firm.
- When the mixture is thick and firm, cut into bars and place back in the freezer.
- Melt your chocolate and coconut oil, mix together until combined. Start dipping each bar in the chocolate. Continue doing so until all bars are covered in chocolate.
- Sprinkle whichever Spoon granola you’ve chosen to use over the bars along with the flaky salt (if using)
- Drizzle any leftover chocolate mixture over the top of the bars, this will also ensure that the granola will fuse to the bars.
- Place the bars in the fridge or freezer until firm.