Just when you thought pancakes for breakfast couldn't get any better... enter pancake cereal! We've taken some inspiration from the Cafe Delights blog and Spoon-ified it! Make the best of being stuck at home this lockdown and give this super fun recipe a go this weekend.
1 cup all-purpose | plain flour, (140g | 4.9oz)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar or sweetener, (40g | 1.4oz)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk, (190ml, plus more as needed)
2 tablespoons melted butter, (40g | 1.4oz)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
Spoon Apple + Almond butter granola
- Combine together the flour, sugar (or sweetener), baking powder, and salt in a large-sized bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth and lump-free. Add 1-2 extra tablespoons of milk if needed to just slightly thin out the batter. You don't want it too runny.
- Let your pancake batter sit for about 5 minutes while heating a non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease with a little butter or cooking oil.
- Pour pancake batter into a squeezable condiment/sauce bottle. (Alternatively, use a zip lock bag: cut a tiny hole on an angle in the bottom corner of the bag to pipe out the batter.)
- Squeeze small dots of batter onto HOT greased pan. Cook until the tops form bubbles and look set/dry. Flip with a spatula and cook until golden on the undersides, about a further 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly greasing your pan between each batch.
- Serve with a pat of butter, maple syrup and sprinkle with Spoon granola for a delicious crunchy topping.