Annie, aka breakfastnbrunch, is a self-confessed breakfast-loving foodie. We asked Annie to put together a special recipe for us for Pancake Day as we’ve been admiring her wonderful breakfast creations on Instagram since Spoon began. Here’s what Annie had to say:
I’m always striving to find healthy alternatives for the foods that we love so much. My recipes are all about striking a balance, and about making sure that every ingredient has a purpose.
Who doesn't love Pancake Day - the one day of the year where it is ok to eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It is great to indulge once in a while, but why not find a way to indulge in a way that nurtures your body at the same time.
This recipe mixes rich chocolate flavours with a light raspberry sauce, and it is so quick and easy to make that you could even try it before work. The oats are a great source of slow-release energy and the raw cocoa powder is full of natural antioxidants that your body will love!
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 40g oats
- 1 egg
- 80ml almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1tsp cacao powder
- 50g frozen raspberries
- 20ml honey
- 3 cubes dark chocolate
- Blend all of the pancake ingredients together.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Spoon in around a tablespoon of mixture per pancake.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the pancake, flip over to cook the other side.
- Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Heat the frozen raspberries in a pan with the honey until they are a runny consistency.
- Melt the chocolate and pour the toppings over the pancakes. Enjoy!