When you’re hungry and need a sweet snack, we know it’s easy to go and grab that chocolate bar sitting at the bottom of your cupboard. But popcorn is such a quick, easy and cheap snack to prepare at home – and much healthier too.
By blitzing the granola into a sweet, spicy powder it coats the popcorn, ensuring that you get an equal hit of both granola and popcorn with every mouthful.
We recommend making a big batch for when you've got friends over or divide into singular snack portions to take with you to work or pop into your kids lunch box.
(Serves 2 good portions)
- 50g popcorn kernels
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup/honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 50g Spoon Cinnamon + Pecan granola
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- Firstly, pulse the granola in a food blender until it reaches a smooth powder. Set aside.
- Heat the oil for 20-30 seconds over a medium heat in a large lidded saucepan. Add the kernels, cover with a lid and cook for a few minutes, until it has all popped, giving it a few shakes in between.
- Tip the popcorn into a bowl. While it is still hot, drizzle over the syrup of choice, then sprinkle over the granola dust, cinnamon and mix well. Enjoy!