These granola bars are the perfect mid-afternoon pick me up for when you are craving something sweet and indulgent, and the perfect way to refuel after a workout too. They are made using the Apple + Peanut granola and sweetened naturally with maple syrup. The addition of the peanut butter combines all of these delicious ingredients together to create a chewy nutty treat.
- 250g granola (I used Apple + Peanut)
- 100g peanut butter
- 80ml maple syrup
- 50ml coconut oil
- Small handful of crushed pecans
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and add the maple syrup and peanut butter and stir until it forms a sauce
- Add to a mixing bowl along with the granola and combine thoroughly
- Press the mixture with a spatula in to a baking tray, press the crushed almonds on top and put in the fridge to cool
- Slice in to bars and serve!
Recipe by : Breakfastnbrunch