These Rocky Roads are the perfect sweet treat to have with a cup of tea on a cosy afternoon. Rich and chocolatey they are the ultimate healthy treat to indulge your chocolate cravings. And who doesn’t love a Rocky Road, especially when they are free from refined sugar! You'll need a food processor for this recipe to get a lovely smooth texture.
Recipe by Brit Woodruff
150g of dates
80g Spoon Apple + Peanut granola
3 tbsp cacao powder
90ml coconut oil (melted)
40g of raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Crush the nuts slightly then roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the dates in warm water to soften for 5 minutes.
- Drain the dates and add them to the food processor along with the cacao powder and the melted coconut cil. Blitz until all combined, the mixture will be quite thick.
- In a bowl add the date mixture, granola , roasted nuts and raisins and mix until evenly distributed.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper, and press the mixture down until compact. I sprinkled and pressed some extra nuts into the top.
- Freeze for 1 hour then cut into pieces and enjoy!